Twenty (20) inspirational quotes from women around the world can be accessed below.
Glamtush reports that as we celebrate, reflect on the successes and achievements of all the influential women around the world and the inspirational women in history, we want to feature inspiring quotes from women who’ve lived the fight, overcame the challenges, and inspired us all to never, ever give up on what we believe in.
To commemorate International Women’s Day, we’ve gathered 20 inspiring quotes from 20 women around the world who have embraced the power of their womanhood—and who will inspire you to do the same.
- “I demanded more rights for women because I know what women had to put up with.” — Evita Peron, Former First Lady of Argentina
- “A woman is like a tea bag — you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady of the USA & American Politician
- “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.” – Michelle Obama, former U.S. First Lady
- “I am a person who believes in asking questions, in not conforming for the sake of conforming. I am deeply dissatisfied – about so many things, about injustice, about the way the world works – and in some ways, my dissatisfaction drives my storytelling.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nigerian Author
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” — Marie Curie, Chemist and Physicist
- “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” — Margaret Sanger, Founder of Planned Parenthood
- “The best protection any woman can have…is courage.” — Elizabeth Cady Stanton, American Abolitionist
- “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou, Pulitzer-prize nominated poet
- “African women in general need to know that it’s OK for them to be the way they are — to see the way they are as a strength, and to be liberated from fear and from silence.” — Wangari Maathai
- “Mine is a story about a teenage single mother who struggled to keep her young family afloat. It’s a story about a young woman who was given a precious opportunity to work her way up in the world. It’s a story about resilience, and sacrifice, and perseverance. And you’re damn right it’s a true story.” — Wendy Davis, American Lawyer and Democratic Politician
- “When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.” — Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams, professional tennis player who has won more singles titles than any man or woman
- “We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential.” – Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State and first woman nominated for U.S. president by a major political party
- “Passion is the log that keeps the fire of purpose blazing.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Women need a seat at the table, they need an invitation to be seated there, and in some cases, where this is not available, they need to create their own table. We need a global understanding that we cannot implement change effectively without women’s political participation.” – Meghan Markle
- “I believe that without God I am nobody, but that with God, I can do anything.” – Dolly Parton, Singer, actress and humanitarian
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa, Patron Saint of Calcutta
- “I want to build a community where women of all races can communicate and … continue to support and take care of each other. I want to give women a space to feel their own strength and tell their stories. That is power.” – Beyoncé
- There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer. – Rihanna