Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Wednesday, March 23, 2022, below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. The lingering foreign exchange scarcity in the country has continued to worsen, even as the exchange rate on the parallel market is inching towards N590/$1. The development may lead to massive job loss in the manufacturing industry, among other sectors, according to the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
2. An independent investigation panel has fixed March 30 for the suspended DCP Abba Kyari to appear in a petition of alleged unlawful arrest filed by three persons. The Panel is investigating the allegations of human rights violations by the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and other units of the Nigerian Police.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has commissioned the Dangote Fertiliser Plant in Lagos State. The President said the plant is an endorsement of his administration’s target of food sufficiency, adding that it will reduce dependence on imported fertilizers and create employment for Nigerians.
5. The Senate will, on Wednesday (today), debate the ruling of a Federal High Court in Abia State, which nullified the controversial section 84 (12) of the amended Electoral Act. This followed a point of order raised by Senator George Thompson Sekibo (PDP, Rivers), who drew the attention of his colleagues to the court ruling.
6. Super Eagles goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye, will miss Nigeria’s FIFA 2022 World Cup playoff against the Black Stars of Ghana on Friday due to illness. The Super Eagles made the announcement in a post via the team’s Instagram account on Tuesday afternoon.
8. Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo, Tuesday, gave an insight into the finances of the State, saying that the State’s economy is not robust. Speaking in an interview, Soludo said from the audited account of the State ending December 31, 2021, there is about N300 million to N400 million cash in various banks and about N1.5 billion debt.
9. A Federal High Court, Abuja, will on Friday, deliver judgment in a suit filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State over his defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
10. The House of Representatives Committee on Power, yesterday, chided the Minister of Power, Abubarkar Aliyu for coming to read speeches to them whereas they needed answers and solutions to the current blackout in Nigeria. The lawmakers had invited the Minister to explain the current situation to them.