Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday, December 28, 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
1. More than 20 persons have been injured and many killed following public anger over a reported vehicular accident in Calabar. Eyewitnesses said that more than ten persons, including spectators at the ongoing Calabar Carnival were killed when a vehicle lost control and swerved into an unsuspecting crowd at the Carnival.
2. The Labour Party, LP, yesterday appointed former Political Adviser to President Olusegun Obasanjo, Akin Osuntokun as the new Director-General of its Presidential Campaign Council. This was confirmed by the party’s National Chairman, Julius Abure, in Abuja, on Tuesday.
3. The Oyo State Police Command on Tuesday removed the three mutilated bodies of youths who were murdered by yet-to-be-identified persons in Ibadan, the State capital. It was learnt that the victims were killed in the early hours of Monday around the Office Bus Stop, after the World Oil Petrol Station, New Ibadan-Oyo Expressway, in the Akinyele Local Government Area of the State.
4. The mother of late Omobolanle Raheem, the lawyer who was shot dead by Drambi Vandi, a policeman attached to the Ajiwe Police Station, Ajah, Lagos State, has said the victim was pregnant with twins. The bereaved woman spoke on Tuesday during a condolence visit to the family by the State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alabi.
5. Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has said the Federal Government will increase salaries of civil and public officials soon to mitigate the impact of high inflation rate in the country. Ngige, who spoke with State House Correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said the Presidential Committee on Salaries is already doing a review.
6. Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, yesterday, ordered immediate suspension of one of his special assistants, Mr. Collins Eze, over alleged acts of gross misconduct. His directive was contained in a statement by the Secretary to the State Government/Coordinating Commissioner, Dr. Ugbala Kenneth Igwe.
7. An Abuja-based Islamic cleric, Mohammed Idris has called on the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, to unite the country when elected. He said Tinubu should not repeat the mistake of President Muhammadu Buhari if elected in 2023, saying the country is divided along religious and ethnic lines.
8. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has denied involvement in the razing of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) offices, as well as other crimes levelled against it. Spokesperson of IPOB, Emma Powerful, in a statement, yesterday, said the allegations were meant to disparage and blackmail the group.
9. Sixteen people were reportedly kidnapped in an attack on Anguwan Pa Community, in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, on Monday. According to a resident of the community, the bandits stormed the area at about 7.30 pm and surrounded the village.
10. Five teenagers have been accused of raping an eight-year-old girl, Christine (not real name), on Adepeju Street, in the Bariga area of Lagos State. The victim’s father, Asuquo, who demanded justice, said the rape was discovered by his wife’s sister.