King Charles has invited Harry and Meghan to his coronation.
Glamtush reports that self-exiled royal, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle have been invited to King Charles III’s landmark coronation in May but are yet to decide whether to attend, reports said Sunday.
A spokesperson for the couple confirmed the news to The Times, UK on Saturday, Stating that “I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the coronation.”
The invitation comes amid several public call-outs by the couple against the British Monarchy in recent times.
The couple moved to the United States in 2020 after stepping down as Senior Royals. They have since then welcomed two children, Archie and Lilibet.
In 2021, Harry and Megan gave a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, where they accused unnamed members of the Royal family of racism.
The couple released a Netflix documentary in December 2022, detailing their unpleasant experience as members of the Royal family after their marriage in 2018.
Harry also recently released a tell-it-all memoir, ‘Spare’ where he explored his fractured relationship with his father and elder brother, Prince William.
The January 2023 publication featured claims by Harry that William attacked him during an argument about Meghan, and that the altercation significantly worsened their relationship.
In what seems like retaliation by the Royal House, the Duke and Duchess were asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage, their British home, over the weekend.
While the King has invited the couple to the coronation, it is not clear if the couple will attend the event. Their rep told Times that, “an immediate decision on whether The Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.”
Leave a Reply