Top Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today, 8th September 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Department of State Services (DSS) has confirmed that Malam Tukur Mamu, former negotiator for victims kidnapped from a Kaduna-bound train in March, is in custody. Mamu was arrested at Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano on Wednesday afternoon after he was repatriated from Egypt.
2. The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, on Wednesday, threatened a showdown with the Federal Government over the massive oil thefts in the Niger Delta. The President, PENGASSAN, Festus Osifo, in an interview with journalists in Abuja, blamed soldiers and other security agents protecting pipelines in the country for the continued oil theft.
3. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said that the time of reckoning is coming for those who continue to insist that they can take the national leadership in the Peoples Democratic Party. The governor maintained that nobody can silence him from speaking against such injustice and demanding that the right thing be done.
4. Seventeen governorship candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party visited the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, in Port Harcourt on Tuesday night. They claimed that they had visited the governor as part of their contribution to the reconciliatory moves initiated by the party’s leadership to end the internal crisis in the main opposition PDP.
5. The principal of Hasanat Islamic College, identified simply as Prosper, has gone into hiding after allegedly defiling seven female pupils of the school around Tanke, in the Ilorin South Local Government Area of Kwara State. It was gathered that Prosper, who had been allegedly defiling the pupils for a while, usually used his influence as the principal of the school to threaten them against informing anyone.
6. One of the security men detailed to work at the site of the Ebonyi International Airport under construction at Onueke, in the Ezza South Local Government Area of the State, Chukwuma Anyigor, aka Ite Igwe, has allegedly beaten a 17-year-old girl, Nwuka Nwafor, to death.
7. Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu, on Wednesday, dissolved the State’s executive council with immediate effect. The development was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Babale Yauri.
8. A murder suspect, Wahab Hammed, 28, has disclosed that he conspired with his friend, Adegoke Ayobami, 31, to kill one Oguntade Wasiu because the deceased was making more money than the two of them. The suspects made the revelation while fielding questions from journalists during the parade by Osun State Police Command at its headquarters in Osogbo.
9. Governor Wike was conspicuously absent from a meeting of former presidential aspirants of the party convened by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in Abuja. Also absent were former Senate Presidents: Bukola Saraki and Pius Anyim. Those at the meeting included Dele Momodu, Mohammed Hayatu-Deen, Tari Oliver, and Charles Ugwu.
10. Presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has expressed confidence in the national chairman of the party, Senator Abdullahi Adamu as he said the chairman will deliver him (Tinubu) as the president of Nigeria. Tinubu made this statement while fielding questions from journalists during his visit to the national secretariat of APC in Abuja on Wednesday.