Staff has revealed the cause of the Next supermarket fire.
Glamtush reports that the fire breakout at Next Cash and Carry supermarket in the Jahi area of Abuja was caused by an electrical surge, a worker at the supermarket said.
This online platform understands that the fire started from the first floor of the building around 8 am on Sunday morning.
One of them who spoke to journalists accused the fire service of getting to the scene late.
He said, “The fire started around 8am. We called the fire service but the firefighters did not arrive on time. We made attempt to put out the fire but we couldn’t find the key to the fire truck stationed at the supermarket. The fire won’t have escalated if they had arrived on time. The fire was caused by an electrical surge.”
The FCT Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of operations, Ben Igwe, said the police were there to ensure the place is adequately secured.
He added that the place was barricaded to discourage hoodlums from looting the store.
Igwe said the cause of the fire cannot be immediately ascertained.