Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers
1. Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Citadel Global Community Church, on Saturday declared his intention to run for President in 2023. The clergy claimed he is best suited to address the problems confronting Nigeria.
2. As the next year’s general election draws near, Southern governors on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have insisted that the 2023 presidential ticket be zoned to the region for fairness and equity. Vice-Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Okezie Ikpeazu spoke on behalf of his colleagues.
3. Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has finally declared his ambition to become Nigeria’s President in 2023. Amaechi made the declaration at an All Progressives Congress (APC) event in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
4. President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan has pleaded with Nigerians to give the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) another opportunity. He said this at a town hall meeting organised by the Senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial District, Dr Ibrahim Yahaya Oloriegbe, on Saturday.
5. The Federal Government has said the cause of the collapse of the National grid is being investigated. In a statement, the Ministry of Power said efforts were in place to tackle the problem
6. Gunmen have invaded the residence of Plateau State Commissioner of Environment, Usman Bamaiyi, in the wee hours of Saturday, abducting his wife and daughter. It’s unclear if the commissioner was at home when the armed gang stormed his home in Gindiri community of Mangu Local Government Area of the state.
7. Following his release from detention in Benin Republic a month ago, the Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly called ‘Sunday Igboho,’ has debunked various reports that he was down with health-related issues while in detention, saying that he enjoyed maximum freedom, courtesy of the country’s President, Patrice Athanase Talon.
8. At least two persons have reportedly been killed when an uncompleted building collapsed in Hotoro, Tauroumi Local Government Area of Kano State. The deceaseds’ identified as Ali, 28; and Abdulganiyu, 23; were said to be asleep in the one-storey building, popularly known as Hotoro Unguwar Gabas, behind Chula filling station, when it collapsed.
9. Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State yesterday said he was not afraid of other people jostling for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying he was confident of being the standard-bearer of the ruling party.
10. Armed herdsmen have reportedly attacked the agrarian community of Odiguetue in Ovia North-East Local Government Area of Edo State, killing five people and injuring several others in the process. The herdsmen had about a month ago attacked security personnel in the locality and burnt down a patrol van.