Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. About fifty people were killed, while an unspecified number of persons were abducted when bandits attacked nine communities in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. ASP Mohammed Jalinge, Police Public Relations Officer in the State, who confirmed the incident, said the command is yet to compile the actual number of deaths recorded during the invasion.
2. A son of Professor Ali Isa Pantami, Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, who was reportedly kidnapped in Bauchi State, has been rescued. According to sources, the minister’s son was found at a checkpoint in Dambam, one of the Local Government Areas of Bauchi State, on Friday.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has demanded the immediate resignation and investigation of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, following his appearance in All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign posters.
4. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the final list of candidates eligible to participate in the July 16 gubernatorial election in Osun State. The list has Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke as Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Adegboyega Oyetola for APC, among others.
5. The United States, U.S. has designated a network of six individuals connected to the Nigeria-based terrorist group, Boko Haram. The U.S Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, OFAC, made this known in a statement, on Friday.
6. The Nigerian Army has arrested a soldier for the alleged killing of seven civilians, including a three-year-old girl in the Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State. Col. Obinna Azuikpe, Intelligence Coordinator, Theatre Command of the Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), confirmed the arrest while reviewing the progress of the military’s operations in the North-East, on Friday, in Maiduguri.
7. The Police Command in Osun States says it has arrested one Ganiyat Abass, alleged to have stolen a six-day-old baby and concealed her in a sack. Abass allegedly stole the baby from one Jemilat Musa, 23, of Agbele’s compound, Iwo, Osun.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party has prayed a Federal High Court in Abuja to declare the All Progressives Congress, APC’s national convention holding on Saturday, unconstitutional and illegal. The PDP, in a suit marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/389 2022, also sought a court order deregistering the APC as a political party, having failed to meet the requirements of Sections 222(a), 223(b), and 225 of the 1999 Constitution.
9. A Lagos State Special Offences (Mobile) Court sitting at Oshodi has sentenced a socialite, Ms Chidinma Ogbulu, to 27 months in prison for distributing petrol as a souvenir during a party. Chief Magistrate Kehinde Ogundare convicted and sentenced the socialite following her guilty plea on Thursday, and evidence by the prosecution.
10. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is holding its much-touted national convention today, amidst critical issues affecting the soul of the party. The convention, which is coming after dilly-dallies on the part of the party’s top echelon, is expected to throw up a new crop of National Working Committee (NWC) of the party, which would run its affairs for an initial period of four years.