Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday, November 2, 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has no pending petition or criminal matters with the Police, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Alkali Baba Usman, has said. This is contained in a counter affidavit filed at the Federal High Court in Abuja by Usman’s counsel, Mr. Wisdom Madaki.
2. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a Kogi State House of Assembly candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Ismaila Yusuf Atumey,with N326million and $ 140,500 cash. Atumeyi, who is seeking to represent Ankpa 11 Constituency in the State Assembly, was arrested on Sunday.
3. Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator Kashim Shettima, has said if elected in 2023, the Asiwaju Bola Tinubu-led government will end insurgency within six months and one year. He said this during a town hall meeting between Tinubu and the business community in Lagos.
4. The only surviving Zikist, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, also minister of aviation in the first republic, is dead. Amechi died aged 93 and was known for his interventions for Igbo land, including the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, which he failed to realise before his death.
5. A fire outbreak in the early hours of yesterday at the Adeola Odeku area of Victoria Island, Lagos, has claimed no fewer than six lives. The fire gutted a building suspected to be occupied by a company. Cars and other valuables were also destroyed in the inferno.
6. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday carried out simultaneous operations against Bureau de Change operators in Abuja and Kano, as the Naira slumped to N857 to a dollar at the parallel market. The raid would be extended to other major cities across the country.
7. There are indications that the police might conduct an autopsy to determine whether Ifeanyi Adeleke, son of popular music artiste, Davido, and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland, died as a result of drowning in a swimming pool at his father’s residence in the Banana Island area of Lagos State.
8. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, on Tuesday, took a swipe at the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar and the Labour Party, Peter Obi, whom he said lacked the antecedent and experience to lead the country.
9. The Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, in a commitment to his policing agenda, has approved the deployment of Olukayode Egbetokun as the new Assistant Inspector General, Zone 7, Abuja. Egbetokun, who assumed duty as the 30th AIG of Zone 7, Abuja on October 25, succeeded AIG Aliyu Muhammed who recently retired from service statutorily.
10. The crisis rocking the Ogun State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Tuesday took a new twist as the National Working Committee of the party expelled a governorship aspirant of the party, Otunba Jimi Lawal for gross misconduct, forgery, anti-party activities and disobedience to the party’s constitution.