Have you tried making your zobo drink without boiling the leaves?
Well, it’s possible to make your refreshing and delicious zobo drink which is made with dried roselle or sorrel leaves without boiling.
Food blogger, Joyful Cook shows us how to make this dark red coloured drink that is loved as a refreshment drink at home and parties without boiling the leaves.
This drink is easy to make, tasty, delicious, and refreshing with many health benefits
Not cooking the leaves help to preserve their nutritional value. However, if you are not comfortable with this method of preparation, then, go ahead and boil your zobo leaves.
Here is how to make this delicious Nigerian Zobo drink without boiling.
- 1 (De Rica) cup of dry zobo leaves
- 10 pieces of dates
- 1 tablespoon of cloves
- 1 stump of fresh ginger
- 1 medium size ripe pineapple
- Slices of citrus fruits of your choice (lemon, orange, cucumber) to garnish
How to make zobo drink
- Wash the zobo leaves thoroughly with clean water, salt, and vinegar multiple times to get rid of dust and sand.
- Then put the leaves in a bowl and top it with clean drinking water.
- Soak for a few hours and drain. You can also soak overnight and then drain.
- Wash, peel and cut the ripe pineapple into chunks.
- You can use a juicer to bring out the juice or blend the pineapple and sieve. The pineapple juice will be used to sweeten the drink.
- Blend some pineapple juice with the dates and set aside.
- Then cook the pineapple peels with some cloves and ginger for 20 minutes. Sieve and set aside.
- Pour all the prepared ingredients – Pineapple juice, blended juice with dates and peel combination into the zobo drink and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Finally, Pour the zobo into a glass, garnish with slices of any fruit of your choice, and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
- You can enjoy your zobo drink with small chops, puff puffs, cake slices, or even biscuits.