Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Deeper Life High School Reacts To Molestation Of JSS 1 Student

by editor
December 29, 2020
in News, Nigeria News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

Deeper Life High School Reacts To Molestation Of JSS 1 Student

 

 

 

The management of the Deeper Life High School has reacted to the controversy trailing the molestation of a JSS 1 student of the school in Akwa Ibom State.

In a video released on Tuesday, the school’s Education Secretary, Mrs Thelma Malaka, stated that the school would not cover up the issue but ensure justice was served.

“Permit me to remind you that the Office of the Governor of Akwa Ibom State has taken over the investigation of the matter to ensure neutrality and a dispassionate outcome.

“We appreciate the concerted efforts of everyone who has shown support in the investigation thus far,” she said in the clip which lasted a few minutes.

Malaka added, “We reiterate that we will be transparent and that justice will not only be served, but it will also be seen by all that it has been served.

“We would like to restate that Deeper Life High School stands on the core values of integrity and uprightness and will not attempt to cover up any immoral act under any guise.”

The student’s mother, Mrs Deborah Okezie, had posted a video on Facebook where she alleged that her 11-year-old son was sexually abused by his seniors when he was moved from his hostel to another hostel originally meant for senior students.

Recounting his ordeal, the victim said he was subjected to abuses such that he was forced to starve for days, beaten for bedwetting, and also sent to a hostel for senior students where he was also maltreated.

The video resulted in the suspension of the principal of the school by the authorities while the Akwa Ibom state government has launched an investigation into the incident.

Highlighting the actions taken by the school authorities since the victim’s mother raised the alarm, Malaka confirmed the suspension of the principal, noting that the management immediately initiated an investigation into the matter.

But she stated that they have decided to restrain themselves from further comments because it would amount to sub judice since the Akwa Ibom State government had taken over the investigation.

“Considering the potential impact of this issue, especially on what we stand for, we are compelled to provide an earlier update before the final report by the government.

“The panel has sat, and we have presented staff members and students of our school who have been mentioned in this particular case all through the period of the investigation,” the education secretary revealed.

She further explained, “We believe that the government will reveal the final report once the investigation is concluded … as a parent myself, I do care about the mental and physical health of (name withheld) who has been at the centre of this issue.

“Despite the intriguing underpinning, we will continue to show our love to him within the limits permitted by his parents. We have unflinching confidence in our God to resolve the issue such that at the end, the truth will ultimately prevail.”

Malaka disclosed that the police authorities were also investigating the matter and the school had been invited to tell its side of the story.

She stated that the detailed interrogation was adjourned due to the holidays and was hopeful that a new date would be communicated as soon as possible by the police.

The school official asked Nigerians to be on the lookout for the final report from the appropriate authorities.

Recaall that On Monday, glamtush reported that the victim’s mother alleged threats and pressure from undisclosed quarters asking her to drop the case.

While she insisted on ensuring that justice was served in the case, she lamented that her son was frequently starved and beaten up by the senior students.

In the video, Okezie compared a picture of her son before and after he went to the boarding house, saying the child now looked malnourished.

 

 

Related Posts

Election Campaigns
News

Election Campaigns for 2027 Presidential Race Kick off Today

August 19, 2026
Hotel Fire
Metro/Crime

India Hotel Tragedy: Nine Dead, Several Injured in Early Morning Fire

August 19, 2026
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today
News

Top 10 Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th August 2026

August 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord
News

Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord Sends Wrong Signal – SDP’s Adebayo

August 19, 2026
Peace Accord
News

Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, Others Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of 2027 Elections

August 19, 2026
Why We Removed Agbebaku
News

Agbebaku Cites Personal Reasons for Resignation as Edo Assembly Speaker

August 17, 2026
Next Post

Prophet Bathes Gospel Singer With Hot Water For Allegedly Dating Pastor Husband

Magazine Cover

Election Campaigns

Election Campaigns for 2027 Presidential Race Kick off Today

August 19, 2026
Hotel Fire

India Hotel Tragedy: Nine Dead, Several Injured in Early Morning Fire

August 19, 2026
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today

Top 10 Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th August 2026

August 19, 2026
Super Falcons

Super Falcons to Get New Coach Ahead of Olympic Qualifier

August 19, 2026
Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank to Host 10th International Trade Seminar, Targets Growth in Nigeria’s Non-Oil Exports 

August 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord

Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord Sends Wrong Signal – SDP’s Adebayo

August 19, 2026
Good Security

Fidelity Bank Deepens Commitment to Food Security in Abeokuta

August 19, 2026
Peace Accord

Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, Others Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of 2027 Elections

August 19, 2026
Davido

Osun Election: Dangote, Akpabio Asked Me to Delete Tweets, Davido Alleges

August 19, 2026
Union Bank of Nigeria

Union Bank of Nigeria Attains PCI DSS v4.0.1 Certification

August 18, 2026

GPBN Associates Member

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2026 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2026 Glamtush