7 things you should know about 2021 miss Nigeria, Shatu Garko can be accessed below.
Glamtush reports that 18-year-old Shatu Garko was on Friday night crowned the 2021 Miss Nigeria at a beauty pageant held amid glamour and glitz in Lagos.
This online platform recalls that the beauty Queen made history as the first Hijab-wearing model to become Miss Nigeria.
Nicole Ikot emerged as the first runner up and Kasarachi Okoro was the second runner-up in the contest.
Here are seven other important things
- She hails from Kano State and was the youngest contestant in the competition th is year.
- She loves riding horses and is passionate about proving that religion and culture are not barriers to following one’s dreams and achieving whatever a person sets out to achieve.
- She represented the North West region of Nigeria in the beauty contest.
- The young queen beat 17 others to clinch the crown.
- She succeeded Etsanyi Tukura, a native of Taraba State, winner of the 43rd miss Nigeria beauty pageant in 2019.
- Garko was awarded the cash prize of N10million, a luxury apartment, a car and ambassadorship.
- Recently she celebrated becoming the first hijab model to land a modelling job in Nigeria.