Do you get stressed looking at your belly fat in the mirror while getting dressed every morning? If your answer is yes, luckily, there are flat tummy exercises you can do.
There are lots of exercises you can do to burn belly fat, build muscle, and define your abs. But to achieve a flat tummy, you will need a certain amount of discipline and dedication.
Here are 5 flat tummy exercises or workouts that you can try at your home.
This exercise builds core and spinal muscles. Elongate your spine and broaden across your chest throughout the pose.
- From a seated position, lean back on your sitting bones and tailbone.
- Raise your legs into the air to form a V shape.
- Extend your arms in front so they’re parallel to the floor.
- Hold for up to 1 minute.
- Repeat 2–3 times.
For added support, drop your bottom knee to the floor. To add intensity, raise your top leg as high as possible, or do hip dips by lowering your hips almost to the floor and then back up again.
- Lie on your right side with your right forearm below your shoulder.
- Extend your legs, left foot on top of the right. Tighten your core.
- Lift your hips to form a straight line with your body. Raise your left arm straight up.
- Rotate your torso toward the floor and bring your left arm under your body.
- Rotate your torso and straighten your left arm to return to the starting position.
- Start with 1 set of 8–12 reps.
- Repeat on the other side.
Burpees can burn calories and make you stronger. There is no need for any equipment for this workout.
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart and squat to the floor, placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Now jump the feet out and come to a pushup position, on the hands and toes with the body in a straight line.
- Now jump the feet back to the start position.
- Continue jumping feet out and in for 30 to 60 seconds for 3 sets of 10 reps.
This exercise is a must if you want a flat stomach. For this exercise, be sure to rotate your core and avoid pulling with your hips or straining your neck. Root your lower back into the floor and draw your shoulders away from your ears.
The bicycle crunch is a great exercise to include in your flat stomach workout as research has shown that the exercise works all of the major abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your back with bent knees and your heels flat on the floor.
- Interlace your fingers at the base of your skull.
- Come into the starting position by engaging your core, lifting your upper body from the floor, and raising your knees so they’re directly above your hips.
- On an exhale, twist your torso as you bring your right elbow and left knee toward each other.
- At the same time, straighten and extend your right leg.
- Hold this position for 1–2 counts before inhaling to the starting position.
- Then do the opposite side.
- This is one repetition. Do 2–3 sets of 8–18 repetitions.
Lying Leg Lift
Lying leg lift offers many benefits along with a flat tummy. Try it at home, this exercise also doesn’t need any equipment.
- Use a bench if available. Let your legs hang off the edge which will increase your range of motion.
- Place your hands under your glutes with your palms facing down.
- Keep your legs straight and hold a dumbbell between your feet if you need added resistance.
- Slowly raise your legs perpendicular to the floor. Hold the contraction at the top for one second.
- Do this exercise for 3 sets of 15 reps.