Things to know about the new WAEC Nigeria boss, Dangut, can be accessed on this online platform.
Dr. Amos Josiah Dangut has been appointed as the Head of the Nigeria National Office for the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on Monday.
He is expected to succeed Patrick Areghan, whose tenure ends this.
Here are a few things you should know about Dangut as he prepares to take over the regional examination body.
1. Dangut was born on October 2, 1967, in Mbar District of Bokkos Local Government Area, Plateau State.
2. He attended Government Secondary School, Riyom from 1981 to 1983 and Government Science School, Kuru (1983 to 1986), where he obtained his WASC/SC in 1986), both in Plateau State.
3. He proceeded to the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, where he bagged a Bachelor of Agriculture degree in Animal Production in 1991.
4. He served as an Assistant Registrar/Subject Officer, Test Development Division, WAEC, Lagos between July 1998 and January 2005.
5. He was the Senior Assistant Registrar/Head of Examinations Security and Deputy to the Branch Controller, Uyo Branch Office between January 2005 and January 2008.
6. He was also Senior Assistant Registrar/Head of Examinations Security and Deputy to the Branch Controller, Bauchi Branch Office between January 2008 and December 2011.
7. He was Senior Assistant Registrar/Branch Controller, Yola Branch office from December 2011 to January 2019.
8. He was Deputy Registrar/Controller, Post Examinations Department from January 2019 – October, 2020.
9. He was Deputy Registrar/Zonal Coordinator, Ikeja Zonal Office.
10. Dangut is an astute scholar with various educational publications in international and national journals.
11. He has also presented numerous keynotes and other papers at international and national conferences/fora.