Nigerian Newspaper reviews for today, Tuesday 31 January 2023, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Nigerian news reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Good morning! Below are the top Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, in Kano State, alleged that some foreign elements are suspected to be part of those using Boko Haram to destroy the country. Buhari, who made the disclosure during a lunch held in his honour at Kano Government House, said, “it is unfortunate that Boko Haram stopped the country from tapping its resources in Lake Chad Basin.
2. A Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday dismissed a suit by a former presidential candidate of Hope Democratic Party, HDP, Chief Ambrose Albert Owuru, against the election of President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the 2019 presidential election. The suit seeking the outright sack of President Buhari was thrown out by Justice Inyang Edem Ekwo on three major grounds.
3. A man believed to be in his 50s, identified as Baba Nuru (Nuru’s father), attempted to commit suicide in Lagos State in the early hours of Monday. An eyewitness who got to the scene after he was rescued said the incident occurred in a neighbourhood along the Bogije-Lakowe axis near the Ajah area.
4. The presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has claimed he “rescued” the flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, from former President Olusegun Obasanjo. Tinubu stated this on Monday during a campaign rally in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State.
5. The Department of State Services (DSS) says it has intercepted some syndicates in parts of the country for allegedly selling the newly redesigned Naira notes. This is contained in a statement issued by Dr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the DSS, on Monday in Abuja.
6. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said an effective cashless policy in Nigeria could help stem the surge of illicit election financing by making it possible to track funds. Osinbajo spoke on Monday at the Presidential Villa when he received a delegation of the European Union Election Observation Mission led by Barry Andrews, the Chief Observer.
7. As Nigerians head for the 2023 elections, a former Caretaker, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Ralph Obioha, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to consider a political solution and release Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. The former member of the defunct National Democratic Coalition, NADECO, made the call in an open letter to Buhari.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the attack on President Muhammadu Buhari in Kano State by miscreants. PDP, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, Monday, said the attack was allegedly sponsored by the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
9. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has revealed he would “hit back” the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Tuesday. The governor, a member of the G5, spoke on Monday at a campaign rally in Etche Local Government Area of the State.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has said many Nigerians do not appreciate their country until they visit other countries. Speaking at a State Banquet in Kano to conclude his one-day official visit to the State after commissioning several projects executed by the Federal, State governments and the private sector, Buhari described ongoing infrastructure development across the country as ‘fantastic’.