Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Sanwo-Olu Counters Army, Says Soldiers Were Deployed To Lekki Toll Gate

by editor
October 21, 2020
in News, Nigeria News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Sanwo-Olu Tests Positive
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

Sanwo-Olu Counters Army, Says Soldiers Were Deployed To Lekki Toll Gate

 

 

 

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has admitted that the Nigerian Army deployed troops to the Lekki tollgate area of the state on Tuesday night.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Nigerian Army Headquarters denied deploying soldiers to the Lekki toll gate despite video evidence showing uniformed soldiers shooting at the scene,

But the governor, in a live broadcast on Wednesday morning, said the Army deployed troops to the protest ground in Lekki last night.

He, however, regretted the episodes of the last few hours, especially the Lekki incident where eyewitnesses said soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters in a bid to disperse them.

Sanwo-Olu, who noted that as a governor, the control of military forces was not under his purview, said he was currently engaging the leadership of the Nigerian Army on the development.

The governor said, “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.

“This is with a view to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night.”

Sanwo-Olu said about 30 youths injured in the attack are currently responding to treatment at various hospitals in the Lekki area.

Though the governor said only one death has been recorded in the incident, eyewitnesses claimed about seven lives were lost in Tuesday’s attack which has been condemned both locally and internationally.

The governor had imposed a 24-hour curfew on the state following the violence that engulfed the state leading to the burning down of no fewer than three police stations, a local government office and three bank buildings.

However, some #EndSARS protesters remained adamant and refused to vacate the Lekki tollgate which is the epicentre of the protests.

More violence and vandalism have continued to erupt in several parts of the nation’s economic capital as rampaging hoodlums torched public and private assets.

 

Related Posts

Fadahunsi
News

Fadahunsi Apologises for Palace Remarks, Denies Violence Call

August 19, 2026
Election Campaigns
News

Election Campaigns for 2027 Presidential Race Kick off Today

August 19, 2026
Hotel Fire
Metro/Crime

India Hotel Tragedy: Nine Dead, Several Injured in Early Morning Fire

August 19, 2026
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today
News

Top 10 Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th August 2026

August 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord
News

Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord Sends Wrong Signal – SDP’s Adebayo

August 19, 2026
Peace Accord
News

Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, Others Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of 2027 Elections

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Adeboye

#EndSARS: Military Actions May Make Situation Worse, Unmanageable, Says Adeboye

Magazine Cover

Fadahunsi

Fadahunsi Apologises for Palace Remarks, Denies Violence Call

August 19, 2026
Election Campaigns

Election Campaigns for 2027 Presidential Race Kick off Today

August 19, 2026
Hotel Fire

India Hotel Tragedy: Nine Dead, Several Injured in Early Morning Fire

August 19, 2026
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today

Top 10 Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th August 2026

August 19, 2026
Super Falcons

Super Falcons to Get New Coach Ahead of Olympic Qualifier

August 19, 2026
Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank to Host 10th International Trade Seminar, Targets Growth in Nigeria’s Non-Oil Exports 

August 19, 2026
Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord

Tinubu’s Absence at Peace Accord Sends Wrong Signal – SDP’s Adebayo

August 19, 2026
Good Security

Fidelity Bank Deepens Commitment to Food Security in Abeokuta

August 19, 2026
Peace Accord

Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, Others Sign Peace Accord Ahead Of 2027 Elections

August 19, 2026
Davido

Osun Election: Dangote, Akpabio Asked Me to Delete Tweets, Davido Alleges

August 19, 2026

GPBN Associates Member

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2026 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2026 Glamtush