It has been seven years since Mr. Udom Emmanuel assumed leadership of Akwa Ibom State, as Governor.
Within this period, he has brought his vast wealth of private sector experience to bear on the management of the resources of Akwa Ibom state. With the Five-Point Agenda of his first term and the Completion Agenda of his second term as blueprint, his pragmatic leadership approach and ascendant enviable results have evoked admiration from a wide spectrum of stakeholders, analysts and observers.
In this edition of Wetin Udom Don Do? Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Information and Strategy, serves you a brief of some of the milestones that have stood Governor Udom Emmanuel in good stead with unbiased observers, analysts and stakeholders in the Akwa Ibom, nay Nigerian project. Irrespective of their ethnic, religious or political alienation, they are united in their conclusion that Mr. Emmanuel possesses the poise, acumen and reach to help Nigeria overcome the socio-economic and political challenges facing her.
- Syringe Manufacturing Factory (Largest in Africa), Onna
- Electric Digital Metering Solutions Manufacturing Factory, Onna
- Pencil Factory, Itu
- Toothpick Factory, Itu
- Plastic Factory, Itu
- Resuscitation of Ibom Paints Limited (former Peacock Paints Industry), Etinan
- Feilizer Blending Factory, Abak
- Oil Palm Depot, Ibesikpo Asutan
- Ufaini Palm Kernel Crushing Plant, Ukanafun
- Flour Mill, Onna
- lRice Mill, Ini
- Cassava Processing Mill, IkotEkang, Abak
- Cassava Processing Mill, IkotOkudom, Eket
- Cassava Processing Mill, Ibesikpo Asutan
- Palm Oil Processing Plant, Essien Udim
- Plywood & Timber Factory, Onna
- Rice Mill, Ibiono Ibom
- Tissue Paper Production Factory, Itu
- Coconut Refinery
- Noin Shipyard, Oruk Anam
- Petrochemical Plant, Eastern Obolo (Ongoing)
- bom Deep Seaport (Ongoing)
- Ibom Industrial Park/Jetty (Ongoing)
- BUA Refinery, Ibeno (Ongoing)
- Starch Manufacturing Company, OrukAnam (Ongoing)
- Automobile Assembly Manufacturing Plant, Itu (Ongoing)
- Construction of Taxiway at Victor Attah International Airport
- Full upgrade of Airfield Lighting System at Victor Attah International Airport
- Construction of Commercial building at Victor Attah International Airport
- Incorporation of Ibom Airline and acquisition of 5CRJ Bombardier Jets and 2 Airbus A220-300
- Series aircraft for operations.
- Remodelling of Departure Hall of Victor Attah International Airport.
- Construction of the Main Terminal Building of Victor Attah International Airport (Ongoing)
- Construction of private hangar for State aircraft
- Construction of VIP Terminal Road, Cars/Apron and drain at the Victor Attah International Airport
- Signing of MoU for the acquisition of 10 additional airbus for Ibom Air
- Security perimeter fencing at Victor Attah International Airport.
- Setting up of Technical Committee on Agriculture and food sufficiency.
- Massive cultivation of Coconut across the State.
- Massive cultivation of Cocoa in Ini, Obot Akara and Essien Udim LGAs.
- 2 Million Improved Cocoa seedlings raised and distributed to farmers.
- Registration of 2,318 farmer cooperatives and groups, made up of 49,318 farmers, for the Rice
- Anchor Borrower Scheme.
- 450 youths trained on cocoa maintenance.
- Massive Rice cultivation in Ini and IbionoIbom LGAs.
- Construction of 10No. Vegetable Green Houses.
- Cultivation of Onions at Ebighi Anwa in Okobo LGA and at the Vegetable Green House.
- Establishment of hybrid rubber nursery at Ebighi Anwa in Okobo LGA, in partnership with Rubber
- Research Institute of Nigeria.
- Raising of over 20,000 Oil Palm Seedlings in nurseries for farmers.
- Massive cultivation of cassava in 15 LGAs (FADAMA).
- Distribution of 54,538,100 kg of Maize seedlings to farmers.
- Installation of Maize Preservation/Shelling Machine at NungUdoe, Ibesikpo Asutan LGA.
- Construction of Cassava Micro-Processing Mills across the State
- Establishment of Rice processing Mills at 4 locations in the State.
- Training of 360 youths in Israel on various agricultural enterprises.
- G o a t Multiplication a n d Vaccination programme.
- School Farm Reviving Campaign across the State.
- Distribution of farm implements and agro chemicals to schools and groups in the State.
- Establishment of Fish Processing Factories in Ibeno and Mbo LGAs.
- Procurement of fertilizers for farmers in the state.
- Establishment of Oil Palm Processing Factories across the state.
- Establishment of Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise Centre and acquisition of Tractors with accessories.
- 10 Metric Tons cocoa fermentation and drying plant at Ananammong, Ini LGA.
HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
- Training of 3000 youths on Oil and Gas.
- Training and certification of over 500 young entrepreneurs in business communication and related areas, through My E n t r e p r e n e u r s h i p G o a l Programme (MEGP).
- Training of 2050 Akwa Ibom youths in Web Development and Visual designing.
- Training of 200 Akwa Ibom youths in Oracle, and another 200 on Micro Works to enable them source for jobs online.
- Training of 2,234 basic school administrators on Covid-19 prevention protocols.
- Training of 850 Teachers and 150 Head teachers (1000 teaching staff) on Jolly Phonics
Conversion of former Technical.
- College Ikot Ada Idem to a state-of-the-art Entrepreneurial and Skill acquisition Centre.
To view more unmatchable achievements of Governor Udom in Akwa Ibom state please DOWNLOAD FULL PDF