Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Good morning! Below are the top 10 Newspaper summaries from Nigerian Newspapers.
1. Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, on Sunday, used his message for Easter to warn unknown gunmen terrorising the State, saying no inch of Anambra space will be won by them, irrespective of their atrocities. Soludo gave a subtle warning in his Easter message to the people of the State, which was made available to the media by his aide, Joe Anatune.
2. It was a black Easter Sunday in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State as unknown gunmen reportedly went on rampage in some locations, killing one person and injuring several people. DAILY POST gathered that the shooting started from Banana junction and then extended to the popular Nkwu-Ito Junction and its environs before the security operatives challenged them.
3. The Speaker of Bauchi State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Abubakar Sulaiman, at the weekend, announced his defection from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Sulaiman, who is the chairman, Conference of Speakers of State Houses of Assembly, made this known during the Ramadan Iftar (breaking of fast) hosted by the State Governor, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed, for PDP stakeholders from Ningi, Toro, Warji and Dass Local Government Areas of the State at the Government House, Bauchi.
4. Six members of the Kano State Executive Council over the weekend tendered their resignation letters over their ambition to run for offices in the 2023 general elections. This comes hours after Kano State Governor Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje ordered all political appointees who have the ambition to run for elective offices in the forthcoming 2023 general elections to resign from their respective positions before Tuesday, 19th April 2022.
5. Former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdul Aziz Yari, Senator Kabiru Garba Mafara and their supporters have finally dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) and embraced the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Addressing newsmen in Gusau, the State capital on Sunday, the PDP Chairman, Bala Mande said, the party has received Yari, Marafa and other top APC members who have defected to the PDP with their teeming supporters.
6. A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Eze Chukwuemeka Eze has described Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s expression of interest in the 2023 presidential race as immoral and unacceptable. Eze, in a statement he personally signed and forwarded to DAILY POST on Sunday, said the declaration of Osinbajo “is a clear tale of treachery perpetrated against Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a former Lagos State Governor.”
7. The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rev Fr Mathew Hassan Kukah, has alleged that President Muhammadu Buhari has divided Nigerians on the basis of ethnicity, religion, and region. In his Easter message, the bishop said, “This carefully choreographed agenda” had made Nigerians vulnerable and ignited the most divisive form of identity consciousness of the people.
8. Mrs Oriaku Nmadu, the mother of the late gospel singer, Osinachi Nwachukwu, has opened up about the death of her daughter. Nmadu lamented that her daughter went through hell while married to Pastor Peter Nwachukwu. The deceased’s mother spoke while addressing members of the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists in Abia State.
9. Russian air defence units say they have shot down a Ukrainian military plane carrying a shipment of weapons sent by Western countries. The attack took place outside the city of Odessa in south-west Ukraine, Russian State news agency, TASS reported, quoting Defence Ministry spokesman, Maj Gen Igor Konashenkov as saying this at the weekend.
10. Chelsea on Sunday defeated Crystal Palace in the FA Cup semi-final tie at the Wembley Stadium to qualify for the final, where they will take on Liverpool in May. Two second-half goals from Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Mason Mount gave Chelsea the win over Crystal Palace.