Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday, December 7, 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The House of Representatives has asked the federal government to continue the construction of the Lagos-Calabar coastal railway line. The lawmakers made the call on Tuesday after adopting a motion moved by Dozzie Ferdinand during plenary.
2. Nigerians of voting age resident in the United Kingdom and various parts of the world have dragged President Muhammadu Buhari and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before a Federal High Court in Abuja seeking enforcement of their fundamental rights to vote in the 2023 general elections.
3. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) yesterday dissociated itself from the sit-at-home ordered in the Southeast by Simon Ekpa, scheduled to take place between December 9 to 14. IPOB, in a statement by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, asked the people of the region to ignore the order, stressing that it was not part of the directive.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has again provided an insight into his source of wealth, saying he inherited great real estate and turned the values around. Tinubu in an interview on BBC in London yesterday said he was the most investigated and most accused former governor yet nothing has been found on him.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said elections are now difficult to rig in Nigeria. The President stated this at State House, Abuja, while playing host to West African Elders Forum Pre-Election Mediation Mission, led by former Sierra Leonean President, Dr Ernest Bai Koroma.
6. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has pegged the maximum over the counter (OTC) cash withdrawal per week for individuals at N100,000 and N500,000 for corporate organisations. The apex bank also limited individual Point of Service (POS) to N20,000 per day.
7. Gunmen on Tuesday night abducted a corps member, Adenike, and seven others in Extension 2 Relocation, along Arab Road, Kubwa area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Adenike, currently observing the mandatory National Youth Service, was kidnapped in her father’s home.
8. The Rivers State Police Command has arraigned five persons, including a stepfather, a pastor and a school teacher, before a magistrate’s court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, for allegedly raping an 11-year-old girl. The incident happened at Buguma in the Asari Toru Local Government Area of the State.
9. The Kano State Hisbah Board has intercepted a vehicle loaded with over 18,000 bottles of beer in the Gwarzo Local Government Area of the State. The Commander General of the board, Sheikh Harun Ibn Sina, on Tuesday, said the truck was intercepted on Gwarzo Road on its way to Kano on Monday.
10. The Labour Party House of Assembly candidate for Okigwe Local Government Area of Imo State, Chukwunonye Irouno, is dead. Irouno, a popular master of ceremony in Owerri and the Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs and Entertainment to a former governor of the State, Rochas Okorocha, died on Monday night in his house in Owerri.