Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Sunday 25 September 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the exclusion of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo from the Campaign Council of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, its Presidential Candidate followed an advice by President Muhammadu Buhari. The absence of Osinbajo’s name on the 422-man list had attracted different comments.
2. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has travelled to Europe after a media chat where he bared his mind on the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He had during the media chat on Friday, accused the National Chairman of the party, Iyorchia Ayu of corruption.
3. At least seven security men, including officers of the Nigeria Police were abducted by the Islamic State of the West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists group in the early hours of Saturday in North Eastern Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State, Northeast Nigeria.
4. Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki has reacted to the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. In a post on his social media handles on Saturday, the former presidential aspirant said he had been working silently behind the scene to ensure the return of normalcy into the party. He said Atiku Abubakar remains the best presidential candidate.
5. At least 13 worshippers were killed when bandits attacked a mosque in Ruwan Jema community, Bukkuyum Local Government Area of Zamfara State, during Juma’at service on Friday. This comes three weeks after bandits attacked a mosque in Zugu community, Gummi Local Government Area of the State and abducted some worshippers.
6. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has chided Afenifere leader and elder statesman, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, over the claims that the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation has adopted the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi. The former Lagos State governor alleged that Pa Adebanjo has turned Afenifere to his personal estate as acting leader.
7. Igbo Lawyers Association (ILA) has expressed disappointment over the continued detention and incarceration of the leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, by the Nigerian government. It said the continued detention of the IPOB leader, instead of releasing or putting him to trial, and dispensing with the case, was an act of political punishment than a legal trial.
8. The Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has been appointed as the Abia State Coordinator of the Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Campaign Council. The All Progressives Congress, APC, last night released the final list of the structure of the PCC, which has 31 directorates with President Muhammadu Buhari as the chairman and the presidential candidate as his deputy.
9. Insecurity will be brought to an end before the end of the year, President Muhammadu Buhari assured in Ile-Ife, Osun, on Saturday. He gave the assurance at the grand finale of the 2022 Olojo Festival.
10. Ahead of their friendly match against Algeria on Tuesday, some Nigerian players have expressed optimism for the tie. The Super Eagles had on Friday night played out a 2-2 draw with the Algeria B team after falling behind 1-0 following an error from goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye.