Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Saturday 1 October 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. Soldiers have confirmed a fresh coup in Burkina Faso. Armed men who wore masks appeared on television on Friday night to confirm the ouster of President Paul-Henri Damiba. This is the second coup in the West African country this year.
2. The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has travelled to London to rest, a member of the APC presidential campaign council, Ayo Oyalowo, said yesterday. The absence of Tinubu at the peace pact of Thursday had stirred reactions, with the rumour mill agog that the presidential candidate of the ruling party is ill.
3. Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau has been elected the new president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). The Zamfara-born football administrator polled the highest votes cast in the election which was held at Benin, Edo State capital.
4. The Supreme Court, on Friday, ended the leadership tussle in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Edo State chapter, with the dismissal of an appeal instituted at the court by Dan Orbhi-led faction.
The Apex Court in a judgment by Justice Emmanuel Akomaye Agim held that the issue of leadership by political parties is an internal affair and as such, the courts have no jurisdiction.
5. A young lady believed to be in her early 20s has been stoned to death at the popular Eleven-Eleven roundabout in Calabar. The incident happened in the early hours of Friday. The body was seen at the roundabout with a few stones left beside her body.
6. Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Friday hosted the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, in Port Harcourt. Sharing pictures of himself and the presidential candidate, Wike said he was pleased to host the former Anambra Governor.
7. Former Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, on Friday apologised to Igbo people over his comments at the 2022 New Yam festival ceremony of the Mbaise People living in Ghana. Ihedioha in a viral video that had generated millions of comments allegedly called people who are supporting the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, saboteurs.
8. An employee of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Duruocha Joel, who was said to be missing in Anambra State, has been found dead. According to a statement by the commission’s National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, on Friday. Joel’s body was found on the Isu-Aniocha-Urum road, Awka on Thursday.
9. Wife of the President, Aisha Muhammadu Buhari, has apologised to Nigerians for the country’s insecurity over the last seven years, as well as the harsh economy that has made life difficult for Nigerians. She gave the apology on Friday at the 62nd Independence Day Special Juma’at Prayer and Public Lecture held at the National Mosque Conference Hall, Abuja.
10. The Lagos State Police Command has warned supporters of Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi, to obey the court order that restrained them from holding a rally at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos. A statement by Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alabi, warned that the Force would deal with anyone who disobeys the court order.