Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Monday, November 21, 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
1. A splinter group within the Pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, has emerged. Known as New Afenifere, leaders of the group met Presidential Candidate of the New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, in Lagos on Sunday and threw their weight behind him.
2. The five aggrieved governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have announced the formation of the Integrity Group. This was announced when the G-5 met in Lagos on Sunday. At the meeting, the group said no going back on the decision not to be part of the campaign of the presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
3. Ahead of the 2023 general elections, a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has urged Nigerians to pray and vote for credible and visionary leaders. He gave the charge in Abuja yesterday at the 1444AH Annual Maolid Nabiyy celebration organised by the Ashraaf Islamic Foundation themed ‘Islamic Perspectives on Elections and Good Governance’.
4. Five houses, four shops, two cars and one motorcycle have been burnt when a tanker caught fire along the Benin-Akure Road by Owan Bridge, Sobe town in Edo State. It was gathered that the tanker, which was carrying automotive gas oil, coming from Benin City and heading towards the North when it veered off the road, spilled its content and caught fire.
5. The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, has officially endorsed the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for the 2023 general elections. Ohanaeze said Obi represented “Nigerian conscience, moral probity, generational hope, redemption epiphany, and above all, the Igbo collective unconscious.”
6. Nine persons lost their lives on Saturday when a Golf Wagon bus plunged into a dam along Dayi road in the Gwarzo Local Government Area of Kano State. It was gathered that the victims, alongside four others in the vehicle, were heading from Kano to Katsina State when the driver of the vehicle lost control and plunged into the dam.
7. The military would not allow terrorists and criminals disrupt next year’s general election as Nigeria is currently on global watch, Theatre Commander of the Counter-terrorism operation, Joint Task Force Northeast, Maj Gen. Christopher Musa has said.
8. Barring any last minute change of plan, President Muhammadu Buhari will tomorrow flag-off oil exploration activities in Bauchi and Gombe States. Specifically, the president will conduct the ground-breaking ceremony of the Kolmani Oil Prospecting Lease (OPL) 809 and 810 at the Kolmani field site located in Bauchi and Gombe States.
9. The national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Iyorchia Ayu, yesterday, urged Nigerians to hold the All Progressives Congress, APC, responsible for the woes of the country. Ayu, who said that the APC-led government had caused the people immense misery, accused the ruling party of damaging the country’s economy.
10. Presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Sunday, asked those expecting him to step down for another flagbearer to perish the thought because “for us in the NNPP and Kwankwasiyya, our party is on the right track to clinch the leadership of the country.”