Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Friday 26 August 2022, can be accessed below.
Glamtush has compiled Naija news today headlines, this means the latest Naija news and happenings in Nigeria for the day from top Nigerian Newspapers.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian dailies.
1. Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Labour Party (LP) flagbearer for the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi and the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike yesterday, met in London over the forthcoming election. Other Governors at the meeting included Samuel Ortom of Benue, Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State.
2. The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of a 23-year-old woman, Mary Olatayo, for allegedly selling her three-week-old baby boy for N600,000. The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, in a statement on Thursday, said the suspect was arrested following a complaint from the father of the baby.
3. Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), dined with Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State in London on Thursday. Wike, who had earlier met with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), received Atiku alongside Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State.
4. The police in Edo State have killed a kidnapper and arrested three cult suspects in different operations. ASP Jennifer Iwegbu, spokesperson of the command, who stated this on Thursday in a statement, said the police also rescued a victim of kidnapping.
5. The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said infrastructural projects all over the country justify the foreign debts by the present administration. According to the Minister, President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration met N18billion in 2015 appropriated for works, saying the government had to borrow to execute the projects.
6. The Borno State government has sealed-off the state headquarters of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Maiduguri, Borno State capital. The party’s headquarters alongside some of its offices were sealed by the Borno State Urban Development Management Board on Thursday.
7. Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has promised continued support for striking university lecturers to ensure all their wages are paid contrary to the Federal Government position on ‘No Work, No Pay’ policy. It also vowed to take Nigeria back from the grips of the present political class in 2023.
8. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has intensified moves to lure four more Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors, besides Nyesom Wike of Rivers State. It was gathered that the push reached an advanced stage, with informal meetings already held with the governors in separate events.
9. Aspirants who participated in the last presidential primary election of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, are set to meet with the standard bearer of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu next week, as part of a strategy review in the lead-up to the February presidential election.
10. Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, on Thursday, disclosed that his next career alternative after leaving office in 2023, is to become a global Christian musician. The governor said this when he presented his remark, during the Deeper Life Bible Church Global Crusade, with the theme: ‘Triumphant Power’, in Ondo State.