Happy Independence Day messages and Happy Independence quotes as Nigeria clocks 63 can be accessed below.
Nigeria gained her independence from the British Government on October 1st, 1960. The Federal Government began to mark the day as Independence Day in 1961. Also, this day is declared as a work-free day to celebrate her Independence.
This year, Nigeria clocked 63. So, to commensurate the 2023 Nigeria Independence Day, this online platform has compiled 60 Happy Independence Day Nigeria messages and quotes you can send to family members, friends, and loved ones.
Happy Independence Day Messages
- Today we celebrate every citizen of our country. You made our independence possible. You made this amazing life possible. Thank you for always caring for the future of our nation. Happy Independence Day!
- Independence Day is an amazing opportunity to remind ourselves how hard we’ve worked for it. Through blood and tears, we fought for our freedom. We made our dreams a reality. Cheers to another year of independence!
- Thanks to those who shed their blood and left their comfort at home. Only to bring us freedom. Happy Independence Day to everyone.
- Let’s celebrate freedom today, but mourn for those who had to leave to bring it. You’ll always be remembered in the heart of every citizen alive.
- Independence does not come free; it demands a great cost. Today, let us honor all the great souls who had to pay for it. Happy Independence Day!
- 6. As you celebrate this day, always have in mind that no nation is perfect and it can only be made perfect by me and you. Happy independence, proud to be a citizen!
- We congratulate you for being a loyal Nigerian. You belong to a nation that is united and peaceful. Happy Independence Day, Nigeria!
- Happy Independence Day, Nigeria! Enjoy and share your happiness and prosperity. You belong to a nation that is rich and generous.
- Let’s raise our hands and celebrate this day, let’s stand up so high to show respect for the great ones who died for our independence, let’s sing our national anthem with flags in hand and celebrate this wonderful day!
- Today is the day, that our nation sings aloud, this is the day, that our liberty bells ring aloud, and this is the day we shall start to remember what we truly stand for and celebrate our independence. Happy Independence Day.
- Some people say that this day is not to be celebrated, but I often ask myself why. It’s a day which resembles a lot of happiness, because on this day we became and independent country! Happy Independence Day!
- Being independent was the best thing that could have happened to our country. Without the final battle, we wouldn’t exist at all. That is why I’m so grateful it happened. Have a happy Independence Day!
- Let us rejoice in happiness and indulge in celebration… Saluting those who made it possible… Who made our country stand high and mighty. Let us make them our inspiration. Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is priceless; you can never buy it anywhere. Remember that the freedom you enjoy now was as a result of all the fights, hustles, and struggles of many of our lost soldiers. Let us remember them and pray for their souls during this Independence Day. Happy Independence Day.
- As our flag flies free in the wind today, please take a moment to savour truly what freedom is; and at what cost it came. Happy Independence Day.
- The struggles by our heroes for independence has not ended. We can contribute our Quota by striving for prosperity and betterment of this great country. Have a blissful independence celebration.
- If a man takes away someone’s freedom, he no longer has his freedom as well. We need to unite and fight against people who think they have the right to own other people’s lives. Happy Independence Day! Let’s all celebrate the great Freedom!
- Let the spirit of patriotism glow in you. Let the spirit of a true fighter reflect in all that you do. Let us remain patient and tolerant. We should stop the unnecessary killing and maiming of another. Our country is delicate and special and we need to do all we can to ensure that we keep our country sane. Happy Independence Day.
- Others might have forgotten, But never can I, the Flag of my country Furls very high, Happy Independence Day.
- My love for my nation is worthiness. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special happy Independence Day!
- We are proud to be part of a glorious nation… And we hoist the flag high… Sending you warm wishes… on Happy Independence Day!
- Independence is a precious gift from God. May we always remain independent.. Wishing you a safe and happy Independence Day!
- The colours of the Nigerian flag make my heart beat with pride.
The green, white, and green spread great joy and happiness.
May the reason for this independence be never forgotten. We will remain united forever.
- Independence day comes with glory of “freedom at last”
The labours of our nationalists will always be on our hearts.
May you feel happy all through the day. Happy Independence.
- Happy Independence fellow Nigerian, celebrate our country with the spirit of patriotism and steadfastness.
May many good wishes made on this day come true on our lives.
- Independence day is a day of joy because it shows that the struggle of our heroes wasn’t in vain.
May the joy we had on October 1, 1960, never leave our heart.
A one united Nigeria will we be forever.
- Experience the joy and pride of being called a Nigerian. A glorious Nation. The giant of Africa.
I’m only wishing you the best of this great day.
Happy Independence day my dear.
- I wish to make your day memorable, so I’m sending you an Independence Day wish.
We belong to Nigeria. A great nation in West Africa. Have a wonderful Independence Day celebration.
- October 1 is a day to remember.
May today add more colours to our life as we celebrate the struggles of our past heroes. Happy Independence Day.
- Have a wonderful Independence Day for I am honored to be part of this great nation, the giant of Africa. It’s time to show other nations how our diversities make us rather than break us.
- From all of my heart, I want to congratulate all the people on this wonderful day. It‘s a big day for our country. Wish the best on Independence Day!
- Let’s salute our martyrs for the sacrifices they made and appreciate them for giving us today. Happy independence!
- Independence is a special and precious gift of God. May our lives always remain independent, happy Independence Day.
- Let us remember and honour the patriotism of the people who gave their lives to free Nigeria. Happy Independence Day!
- May the Pride and Glory of being Nigerian remain in your heart forever… Happy Independence Day!
- May the Nigerian green flag always fly high… Warm wishes on this grand occasion of Independence Day!
- On this day, I congratulate anyone who calls himself a Nigerian and lives on this glorious land, regardless of the language you speak and what traditions you follow.
- May you be independent in your thoughts and in your deeds, in order to create a blossoming paradise that future generations will be proud of. Happy Independence Day, Nigeria!
- On this day, we remember all the grief and suffering that Nigerians had to endure to achieve the long-awaited freedom, independence, and sovereignty of our country. I congratulate all the inhabitants of this beautiful country – Nigeria. May joy, love, smile, luck and peace continue to thrive in our homeland.
- Today is the day Nigeria celebrates its birthday, as an independent, sovereign country. And that is why I want to congratulate all Nigerians on this well-deserved holiday. Progress will always be our portion.
- Dear Nigerians, today is a big day in our country -it is the celebration of our independence. Accept my sincere congratulations. May our politicians be reasonable, wise, and prudent. May the people be law-abiding, active, creative, and hardworking. May we build a powerful country together.
- Today, I celebrate with my Nigerian brothers and sisters on our Independence Day. We are great people who have passed through a lot of struggles to be free. On this day, I wish everyone happiness, fun, laughter, smiles, and a cheerful spirit.
- Today marks the date when the dream of our great-grandfathers for freedom became a reality. I wish all the Nigerian people good health, strong spirit, and confidence in a brighter future.
- Our Independence Day is more than just a holiday. It is a day to remind ourselves of how far we have come and how much we have done. It is a day of unity and togetherness. It is the day we put aside hostilities and come together as one big, unified family. Today is truly a special day for the nation. Happy Independence Day, Nigeria.
- We fought for the independence and sovereignty of our home. The feeling of freedom fills my heart with so much satisfaction and pride, I can’t be more thankful to everyone who participated in this battle for freedom. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us rejoice in happiness and indulge in celebration… Saluting those who made it possible… Who made Nigeria stand high and mighty. Let us make them our inspiration. Happy Independence Day!
- From Struggle… To Freedom… To Progress… Nigeria moves forward. Celebrating with you the pride of being part of a nation that is eternal and ever-new… Happy Independence Day!
- Our free life today is the result of 61 years of struggle and sacrifice of many thousands… Big Salute to those great lives. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us pay homage to all the brave hearts… Who gave their life for the next generation… We are proud to be Nigerians… Happy Independence Day!
- We are proud to be a part of our glorious nation… And we hoist the green flag high… Sending you warm wishes… on Happy Independence Day!
Happy Independence Day Quotes
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? – Mahatma Gandhi
- Show me the heroes that the youth of your country look up to, and I will tell you the future of your country. – Idowu Koyenikan
- Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life. – Bob Marley
- Freedom is the atmosphere in which humanity thrives. Breathe it in. – Richelle E. Goodrich
- Independence means enjoying freedom and empowering others too to let them do so. – Vikrmn
- Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
- Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
- In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- Patriotism is, fundamentally, a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it – George Bernard Shaw
Please note that the messages contained in this article were not originally compiled by this author but were edited where necessary.