Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News

LCC Submits Lekki Shooting Footage, Says Camera Stopped Recording At 8pm

byeditor
November 3, 2020
in News, Nigeria News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Camera Stopped Recording
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

LCC Submits Lekki Shooting Footage, Says Camera Stopped Recording At 8pm

 

 

 

The Managing Director of the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), Abayomi Omomuwasan, has submitted video footage recorded by the company’s surveillance camera on the night of October 20, when soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area in Lagos.

Omomuwasan submitted the footage on Tuesday at the 4th sitting of the panel of Inquiry and Restitution set up by the state government to look into the allegations of brutality and high-handedness by personnel of the now-defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

He, however, noted that the surveillance camera stopped recording at about 8:00 pm.

Nearly two weeks after the incident, investigations are still ongoing to determine what really happened at the scene of the peaceful protests and who was responsible for the shootings.

The Nigerian Army has insisted that soldiers did not shoot at the protesters, despite viral videos showing men in military uniform firing the shots.

Although they admitted that soldiers were deployed to ‘restore normalcy’ in the area, the Acting Deputy Director, 81 Division, Army Public Relations, Osoba Olaniyi, in a statement last Tuesday, described reports of a massacre by the officers as “untrue, unfounded, and aimed at causing anarchy in the country”.

Olaniyi also stated that the decision to involve the military was taken by the Lagos State Government after a 24-hour curfew was imposed.

The reports have further been complicated by reports that the surveillance cameras at the tollgate had been removed hours before the shooting of October 20.

It was also widely reported that the lights at the toll gate were switched off minutes before the shooting happened.

The LCC has since come out to deny any involvement or connivance in the incidents.

Although the curfew was to commence at 4:00 pm that day, but later shifted to commence for 9:00 pm, many were still seen protesting across the state.

At the Lekki Toll Gate which had been one of the major converging points, peaceful and unarmed protesters were also still seen gathered in large numbers at the time.

The situation, however, took a turn for the worse around 7:00 pm when the security operatives stormed the area and started shooting sporadically.

While investigations are ongoing with the panel of inquiry sittings underway, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu is, however, yet to confirm the position of the army with regards to who gave the orders.

The panel is expected to bring justice to the victims of police brutality, with some victims being invited to share their ordeal.

The first sitting of the panel which commenced last Tuesday, with the first petitioner, Okoli Aguwu, sharing grisly details of his ordeal in the hands of SARS officers.

He said he spent about one and a half months in detention, and he was tortured to the point where he lost two of his teeth.

Today, the panel commenced with the testimony of another young man, Mr Ndukwe Ekekwe, who said he was randomly arrested by SARS officials on February 16, 2018.

Without any valid reason, he said he was beaten up and then transferred to their office in Ikeja.

Beyond the beating, Ekekwe said he was stabbed at different parts of his body by the officers, and later taken to his shop at Alaba they broke his shop and started auctioning his products.

Thereafter, as he started shouting for help, he said the officers took him up a two-story building and threw him down – an incident which caused him to break his spine.

Although he survived the incident, Ekekwe is now confined to a wheelchair.

He told the panel that he would like to be compensated, as he also lost goods worth N15million.

Related Posts

FG Sues El-Rufai
News

FG Sues El-Rufai Over NSA Ribadu’s Phone-Tapping Claims

February 16, 2026
Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members
Metro/Crime

Police Investigate Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members Found Inside Car At Lagos Movie Set

February 16, 2026
UNILAG Food Vendor Electrocuted
Metro/Crime

Popular UNILAG Food Vendor Dies In Tragic Electrocution Incident

February 16, 2026
Kani Ben
News

Channels TV Mourns Bauchi Bureau Cameraman Kani Ben After Tragic Road Crash

February 15, 2026
INEC
News

2027: INEC Breaks Silence On Atiku, Others Demand To Reschedule Elections Over Ramadan

February 14, 2026
2027 Election Dates
News

Atiku Urges INEC To Review 2027 Election Dates Over Ramadan Clash

February 14, 2026
Next Post
Fowler Again

EFCC Grills Ex-FIRS Boss Fowler Again

FG Sues El-Rufai

FG Sues El-Rufai Over NSA Ribadu’s Phone-Tapping Claims

February 16, 2026
Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members

Police Investigate Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members Found Inside Car At Lagos Movie Set

February 16, 2026
UNILAG Food Vendor Electrocuted

Popular UNILAG Food Vendor Dies In Tragic Electrocution Incident

February 16, 2026
Iwobi

Why I Can’t Rest Iwobi – Marco Silva

February 16, 2026
2027

2027: Our Votes Must Count – Peter Obi

February 16, 2026
Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest Appoint Pereira As Fourth Manager This Season

February 15, 2026
FA Cup Fifth Round

FULL LIST: 14 Teams Qualify For FA Cup Fifth Round

February 15, 2026
Kani Ben

Channels TV Mourns Bauchi Bureau Cameraman Kani Ben After Tragic Road Crash

February 15, 2026
FAAN Campaign

Viral FAAN Campaign Free, Not Political – Iyabo Ojo

February 15, 2026
Valentine Season

Valentine Season: Adron Homes Encourages Nigerians To Build Lasting Love Through Real Estate

February 14, 2026

Magazine Cover

GPBN Associates Member

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2022 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2022 Glamtush