Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News Nigeria News

Don’t Panic Over Military Presence In Oyigbo – LGA Chairman Tell Residents

byeditor
November 1, 2020
in Nigeria News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Military Presence
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

Don’t Panic Over Military Presence In Oyigbo – LGA Chairman Tell Residents

 

 


Residents of Oyigbo Local government area of Rivers State have been asked not to panic over military presence in the area.

Chairman of Oyigbo LGA, Gerald Oforji made the appeal in a statement he personally signed on Sunday.

Oforji also urged residents not to panic over military exercise going on in the area as it is aimed at the recovery of stolen arms.


“People living and doing businesses in Oyigbo to strictly obey the 24hrs curfew imposed by Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike.

“Total compliance to the Governor’s directive will ease the lifting of the curfew,” he stated.

Oforji’s appeal comes amidst rife reports of alleged ‘mass killings’ in Oyigbo by security agencies.

While the media space is totally blank of pictures and videos from Oyigbo, residents have been raising alarm on social media and local radio in Port Harcourt.

However, a resident of the area, Ndu Amaike told DAILY POST that the alleged killing started since Governor Wike’s declaration about the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB in all parts of the State.


Amaike said the essence of the military action is extra judicial, adding that, “I have personally lost two people that are close to me. The army just shoots at will and bullet will just touch people.

“The soldiers mounted roadblocks on the major roads but we now hear that they are about to move into the streets. So, those that have gates have started to lock their gates. People are just scared really.”

Meanwhile, a group known as the Indigenous Youth Forum (IYF) says it has given Governor Nyesom Wike and the Rivers State Government 48 hours to release those arrested and missing, and also bring out bodies of those allegedly executed in Oyigbo Local Government Area.

The group said it will be forced to take necessary actions if the authorities fail to comply within the given period.

General spokesperson for IYF, Ebube Nwagbara in a statement accused the Rivers State Governor of declaring war on Ndigbo under the pretext of hunting members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

He also alleged that the ongoing military operation going on in Oyigbo has claimed the lives of 28 Igbo sons and daughters in four days, 33 people are missing and 17, including women and children, are shot and wounded.


He said, “We are using this medium to draw the attention of well-meaning Nigerians and members of the international community to the ongoing massacre of Ndigbo in Rivers State by Nigerian soldiers acting on the order from Governor Nyesom Wike, who has for tribal hatred and political reasons, Wike chose to exterminate Ndigbo in Rivers State using the heinous charges he concocted against IPOB (who are the majority of Ndigbo in Rivers State) for the violence that erupted across the state and nationwide during the #EndSARS protest.

“According to our record so far, this war against Ndigbo in Rivers State has claimed the lives of 28 Igbo sons and daughters in four days, 33 people are missing and 17, including women and children, are shot and wounded.

“Ndigbo did not plan the #EndSARS protest, nor did they start the protest, violence and destruction that followed the protest across the country, so if not out of hatred for Ndigbo, we see no reason why Wike would blame Ndigbo in the case of Rivers State when there are other ethnic groups who participated in the protest which he claim was hijacked by Ndigbo under the aegis of IPOB.


“The ongoing arrest, dehumanization and execution of Ndigbo in Rivers State, on the orders of Governor Nyesom Wike, is a provocation that could lead to a tribal war if not ended now because we the Igbo youths will no longer fold our hands and watch our people being slaughtered in any form whatsoever while their own people and others feel comfortable and safe in our homes”.

While the Rivers State government is yet to react to the development, Spokesman for the State Police Command, SP Nnamdi Omoni when contacted said, “There is such thing as massacre in Oyigbo.”

Related Posts

FG Sues El-Rufai
News

FG Sues El-Rufai Over NSA Ribadu’s Phone-Tapping Claims

February 16, 2026
Kani Ben
News

Channels TV Mourns Bauchi Bureau Cameraman Kani Ben After Tragic Road Crash

February 15, 2026
INEC
News

2027: INEC Breaks Silence On Atiku, Others Demand To Reschedule Elections Over Ramadan

February 14, 2026
2027 Election Dates
News

Atiku Urges INEC To Review 2027 Election Dates Over Ramadan Clash

February 14, 2026
Radio Station
News

Primate Ayodele Launches, Donates Third Radio Station In Lagos

February 13, 2026
INEC
News

INEC Releases 2027 Election Timetable

February 13, 2026
Next Post
Olapade Agoro

Former Presidential Candidate, Olapade Agoro Dies Aged 78

FG Sues El-Rufai

FG Sues El-Rufai Over NSA Ribadu’s Phone-Tapping Claims

February 16, 2026
Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members

Police Investigate Death Of Two Nollywood Crew Members Found Inside Car At Lagos Movie Set

February 16, 2026
UNILAG Food Vendor Electrocuted

Popular UNILAG Food Vendor Dies In Tragic Electrocution Incident

February 16, 2026
Iwobi

Why I Can’t Rest Iwobi – Marco Silva

February 16, 2026
2027

2027: Our Votes Must Count – Peter Obi

February 16, 2026
Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest Appoint Pereira As Fourth Manager This Season

February 15, 2026
FA Cup Fifth Round

FULL LIST: 14 Teams Qualify For FA Cup Fifth Round

February 15, 2026
Kani Ben

Channels TV Mourns Bauchi Bureau Cameraman Kani Ben After Tragic Road Crash

February 15, 2026
FAAN Campaign

Viral FAAN Campaign Free, Not Political – Iyabo Ojo

February 15, 2026
Valentine Season

Valentine Season: Adron Homes Encourages Nigerians To Build Lasting Love Through Real Estate

February 14, 2026

Magazine Cover

GPBN Associates Member

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2022 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2022 Glamtush