With this DIY cold remedy recipe, it is time to say goodbye to cold. The recipe is an immunity boosting and throat-soothing concoction which you can make yourself and store in the fridge and use whenever you need it. This mixture can stay in the fridge for about 2 – 3 months depending on the quantity and how frequent you use it.
Lemon: Is high in vitamin C, which keeps the immune system strong and neutralizes the free radicals in the body. This reduces inflammation and swelling.
Ginger: Is helpful when you have a cold or flu as it helps you to sweat out the toxins in your body. It is also helpful for settling upset stomachs, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and cold sweats.
Pure Honey: It helps soothe sore throat, therefore, making it an effective and natural cough suppressant. This improves the body’s ability to fight infection and decreases the risk of fevers.
- 2 lemons (thoroughly washed)
- 2 piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your middle finger, peeled)
- 1 1/2 cup pure honey (depends on the size of the container you want to use)
- 1 medium size jar or container
- Slice lemons and ginger into thick strips.
- Place the lemon and ginger slices in the jar/container, alternating layers of each.
- Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices.
- Fill the jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
- Then store concoction in the refrigerator. Over time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
- To use the mixture, scoop 2-3 tablespoons into a tea cup full of hot water, stir and allow to steep for 3 – 4 minutes then sip. However, make sure you scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. So shake or stir jar/container before you scoop.