Gunmen have attacked Apostle Suleman Convoy, killing 7 people in the process.
Glamtush reports that the convoy of the Nigerian televangelist and the senior pastor and general overseer of Omega Fire Ministries International, Apostle Johnson Suleman was attacked on Friday, October 21.
This online news platform understands the Apostle Suleman Convoy attack happened at Warake road Auchi, Edo state, southern Nigeria, while the clergyman was in transit with his entourage.
Glamtush gathered that Apostle Suleman survived the attack on his convoy but his aides were not that lucky as some died during the attack which is believed to have been carried out in an attempt to kidnap Apostle Suleman.
Apostle Suleman’s vehicle which is said to be badly damaged had escaped narrowly with the rims as the tyres had been shot. There were fatalities with over 4 aides dying during the attack which is said to have been an attempted kidnapping.
An unconfirmed report indicates Apostle Suleman’s first daughter was shot during the attack on his convoy by unknown gunmen. It is unclear if the Apostle’s first daughter who was also shot survived the ordeal.
Confirming the Apostle Suleman Convoy attack in a tweet on the micro-blogging site, Twitter, Dickson Omodiale Osajie, an International Certified Security Expert, and a Global Security Analyst, wrote: “Brethren, Apostle Johnson Suleman just got off the phone with me now. He escaped Assassin’s this afternoon Sadly his 7 members were all gone down. May God rest Their soul.”
@APOSTLESULEMAN Brethren, Apostle Johnson Suleman just got of the phone with me now.
Assassin's this afternoon
Sadly his 7 members were all gone down
May God rest Thier soul pic.twitter.com/oACqPd9yDr
— Dickson Omodiale Osajie, CPP®: (@iamoodickson) October 21, 2022