The profile of Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim, the first female minister of Police Affairs has been provided below.
Glamtush reports that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday assigned portfolios to ministerial nominees who were recently approved by the Senate.
The portfolio included notable names like the immediate past Governors of Rivers and Ebonyi states, Nyesom Wike and Dave Umahi as Ministers of FCT and Minister of Works, respectively. Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim, another notable appointment, is the first female Minister of State, Police Affairs.
The Plateau-born politician is the former director-general of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons.
In this report, Glamtush highlights 10 things to know about the minister below;
1. Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim was born in Plateau State, however, she spent most of her childhood in Abuja. She attended Aruwa Nursery School, Abuja and Jabi Primary School, (now LEA Primary School, Jabi), for her nursery and primary school education.
2. She had two master’s degrees at the age of 21: At the young age of 19, she graduated from the University of Abuja with a degree in Sociology. She bagged two master’s degrees from Webster University, St Louis, Missouri (London Campus) an MBA and MA.
3. She served in Kaduna: Imaan did her National Youth Service at NNPC in the Kaduna Zonal Office.
4. She is completing her Doctoral Security and Strategic Studies programme at the Nigeria Defence Academy.
5. Imaan started her career working at Abuja Geographic Information Systems, AGIS. The AGIS task includes the introduction of SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructure) for F.C.T., and the computerization of spatially related workflows in certain Federal Capital Development Agency departments and agencies.