Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Premier League Hit Back Over Newcastle Takeover Bid Claim

byeditor
September 10, 2020
in News, Sports
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Premier League
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

Premier League Hit Back Over Newcastle Takeover Bid Claim

 

 

The Premier League have slammed Newcastle’s claim that the organisation rejected a Saudi Arabia-backed bid to buy the troubled club.

Newcastle released a statement on Wednesday that said Premier League chief executive Richard Masters had blocked the takeover and did not “act appropriately”.

But the Premier League delivered a strongly worded response on Thursday that made it clear they had not pulled the plug on the deal.

“The Premier League was disappointed and surprised by the Newcastle United Football Club statement regarding its potential takeover by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF),” a statement read.

“The club’s assertion that the Premier League has rejected the takeover is incorrect.

“The Premier League Board has, on a number of occasions, given its opinion about which entities it believes would have control over the club should the consortium proceed with the acquisition. That opinion is based on legal advice.

“This means the potential takeover could proceed to the next stage should the relevant entities provide all appropriate information. They would then be subject to a suitability assessment by the Board. As an alternative, the Board has repeatedly offered independent arbitration as a way forward since June.

“It is also incorrect to suggest these decisions were taken by any individual; they were agreed unanimously by all Premier League Board members.”

The investment group, which included the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF), PCP Capital Partners and billionaire brothers David and Simon Reuben, said they withdrew their bid in July after waiting months for the English top-flight’s approval.

A £300 million ($391 million) deal to buy the side from owner Mike Ashley had been agreed in April.

However, the bid had attracted scrutiny due to the piracy of sports broadcast rights, including Premier League matches, in Saudi and the state’s human rights record.

Amanda Staveley of PCP Capital Partners said when the bid was withdrawn that the Premier League wanted the Saudi state to become a director of the club as the PIF was not deemed to be an arm of the government.

Supporters have long campaigned for Ashley to sell the club as they have been disillusioned with his 13-year spell as owner, which has included two relegations from the Premier League.

Newcastle begin the new Premier League season away to West Ham on Saturday.

AFP

 

Related Posts

Gemini App
News

Gemini App Can Now Create Music With Lyria 3

February 19, 2026
Ramadan
News

Ramadan: Adron Homes Felicitates Muslims, Preaches Hope And Unity

February 19, 2026
Rivers Assembly
News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Proceedings Against Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Eric Chelle
Sports

Super Eagles Coach Eric Chelle’s 19-Point Contract Extension Proposal To NFF

February 19, 2026
Naira
News

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Hit ₦1,100 To $1 This Year

February 18, 2026
Ramadan
News

Ramadan: Kano Censorship Board Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Entertainment Venues

February 18, 2026
Next Post

Lagos State Govt Gives Updates On Resumption Of Tertiary Institutions

Mercy Johnson-Okojie

Mercy Johnson-Okojie Appointed Special Adviser To Gov Okpebholo

February 20, 2026
Gemini App

Gemini App Can Now Create Music With Lyria 3

February 19, 2026
Zoho

Zoho Marks 30 Years Supporting One Million Organisations, 150 Million Users Globally

February 19, 2026
Ramadan

Ramadan: Adron Homes Felicitates Muslims, Preaches Hope And Unity

February 19, 2026
Beautiful Nubia

Beautiful Nubia Accuses Ayefele, BBO Of Copyright

February 19, 2026
Rivers Assembly

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Proceedings Against Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Eric Chelle

Super Eagles Coach Eric Chelle’s 19-Point Contract Extension Proposal To NFF

February 19, 2026
Unity And Providus Banks

Unity, Providus Banks Merger Done Deal As Integration Progresses

February 18, 2026
SMEs

How FairMoney Is Powering The Next Generation Of Nigerian SMEs

February 18, 2026
Naira

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Hit ₦1,100 To $1 This Year

February 18, 2026

Magazine Cover

GPBN Associates Member

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2022 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2022 Glamtush