Good morning! Here is a summary of Nigerian Newspapers headlines you need to know this Tuesday morning, August 30.
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has lamented that Nigerian politicians see political contests as war. It said politics in the country is almost like a perennial crisis. National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee of the INEC, Festus Okoye, said this on Monday in Abuja.
2. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has made yet another comment on the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). During the flag-off of Eneka Internal Roads in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the State, on Monday, Wike boasted that nobody can threaten him as he would do what is right no matter the “gang up” or blackmail.
3. A former governor of Kano State, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, has formally announced his defection from the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). This is coming barely three months after Shekarau defected to NNPP from the All Progressives Congress.
4. A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has dismissed a suit filed by the Federal Government, seeking the extradition of a suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Abba Kyari to the United States for trial in an alleged internet fraud. The trial Judge, Justice Inyang Ekwo delivered the judgment on Monday.
5. The Academic Staff Union of Universities has declared a total and indefinite strike. The decision was taken at a meeting of the union’s National Executive Council held on Sunday in Abuja.
6. Loyalists of the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, yesterday, expressed displeasure over the presence of former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo at the London meeting Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and his allies had with presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Mr Peter Obi, despite being reportedly committed to their cause.
7. The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, yesterday, restored the Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly, Sheriff Oborevwori, as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the State.
8. A pregnant lady, identified only as Chinaza, has approached doctors at the National Hospital in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to seek a buyer for her unborn baby. It was gathered that when the 23-year-old lady got pregnant, she left her parents’ house in Imo State to live with her friend in Abuja. She is currently with the FCT police command.
9. Three people were killed and 15 others injured in an auto collision in Takai Local Government Area (LGA) of Kano State on Sunday evening. Spokesman of the Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Yusuf Abdullahi, said the accident involved a Toyota Hilux conveying three people from Jigawa State and a commercial Hummer bus conveying 15 people from Kano.
10. Amaka, Big Brother Naija, BBNaija season 7 housemate has been evicted from the reality show. This is coming after Biggie introduced a twist to the eviction process on Monday night, thereby announcing that at least a housemate will be evicted.