There is no weapon in the feminine armory to which men are so vulnerable as they are to a smile. —Dorothy Dix
And not only men… Everyone loves to see a beautiful smile, and there is nothing that complements a person more than when she positions her lips in that adorable curve. Still, not all smiles are the same and we would all love to have Angelina Jolie’s seductive or Jessica Alba’ drop-dead-gorgeous smile, but is it that simple? Of course it’s not, otherwise we would all be walking down the red carpet right now, but nobody said it’s not doable.
Here are some hints to put the pieces together and conquer the world with your smile.
Nourish Your Lips
When it comes to skincare, lips almost always end up last on our priority list, and sometimes we even forget all about them. Do you think that Angie would forget? Establish a great lip-care routine that will help your smile look perfect. Here is a suggestion on how you can accomplish that and a possible routine that you can follow:
- Cleanse with a real-deal lip cleanser.
- Exfoliate with a toothbrush (you can dip it into a honey and sugar mix).
- Use coconut scrub or sugar and Vaseline mixture to remove dead cells.
- Use a lip mask.
- Use a hydrating balm.
- Apply a nighttime lip balm before going to bed.
- Prep your lips for lipstick by applying balm first.
Take Care of Your Gums
We know that the teeth are the protagonists in this movie, but the gums also play an important role. Unhealthy gums will distract from beautiful teeth, while healthy and good-looking gums will only enhance their beauty. The most important step in dental and gum care is to floss regularly, in order to get rid of the food residues that get stuck between your teeth, but you should also gently brush your gums in circular movements to remove possible foreign debris. Rinse with antibacterial mouthwash, daily.
Bright and White
Sometimes when you want to get your teeth camera-ready, you need to do some behind the scenes preparations. Take some time to correct cracked or broken teeth, it is well worth the investment. When faced with dental malocclusions, you shouldn’t avoid treating them because you fear the inconvenience. Invisalign custom-made treatments
Fake It with Make-up
In the end, we come to women’s favorite topic – makeup. Makeup can do a lot of things, but we bet you didn’t know it can also make your smile look brighter and better. Here’s how:
- Use berry-shade or red lipstick, since a lipstick with yellow undertones could reflect those tones on your teeth.
- Highlight your lips – apply a lip liner and gloss around the lips and a concealer around the outer border of the lips. This way, you will make your lips fuller and create a stronger contrast between them and the teeth.
- Use cooler shades of eye make-up. They will deflect any yellow from the teeth and create the perfect optical illusion.
- Contour your face with a matte bronzer. Blend the bronzer under your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose to contour the shape which will enhance your smile. Use a shade slightly darker than your skin tone to get the ideal sun-kissed look.
As you see perfect smile doesn’t come without effort, but since it is the foundation for the perfect look, we trust you will see how rewarding it can be. All you have to do now is to be natural, stand up straight, be confident and smile with your lips, body and eyes.
Peter Minkoff is a guest writer.