Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events
No Result
View All Result
Glamtush
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro/Crime

Gunmen Storm Niger Catholic School, Abduct Students

byeditor
November 21, 2025
in Metro/Crime, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Abduction of Schoolchildren in Niger State
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedinShare on Telegram

Gunmen storm a Niger Catholic school and abduct students.

 

 

Glamtush reports that gunmen have kidnapped an undisclosed number of students during an attack on St. Mary’s Primary and Secondary School, Papiri, Niger State.

It was gathered that the attackers stormed the school, said to be a private Catholic school located in the Agwara Local Government Area of the state, in the early hours of Friday.

Sources said the gunmen arrived in large numbers, riding on over 60 motorcycles and accompanied by a van.

They were said to have shot the school’s gatekeeper, leaving him with serious injuries.

A source in Agwara who confirmed the incident said, “Yes, it happened between 3 and 4 a.m. The number of students abducted is not yet confirmed.”

Another source claimed that some teachers were also forcibly taken away during the attack.

“In the middle of the night, our community was shaken by a deeply tragic event. Bandits invaded St. Mary’s Primary and Secondary School, Papiri, Agwara LGA, Niger State. A Catholic private boarding school for boys and girls.

“Students and teachers were forcefully taken away during the attack.

“This is an extremely distressing moment for families, the communities, and Niger State as a whole. These are innocent young students and dedicated educators whose lives and futures are now at risk. Their safety must be a priority,” the source said.

 

However, community sources fear that the number of people kidnapped may be significant, with some claiming that it could exceed 100.

Meanwhile, the Niger State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of the students.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said tactical units, alongside military components and other security operatives, had been deployed to the area.

Abiodun stated that the combined security forces were currently conducting extensive search operations across the surrounding forests in an effort to ensure the immediate and safe rescue of the abducted students.

Commissioner of Police, CP Adamu Elleman, called on residents to remain calm and cooperate with security operatives by providing credible information that could assist ongoing rescue efforts.

Elleman, however, said that the incident would be thoroughly investigated, stressing that appropriate actions would be taken against the school management for continuing academic activities despite the state government’s earlier directive ordering the closure of schools in the area due to heightened security threats.

The Niger State Government has condemned the abduction of pupils from St. Mary’s School in the Papiri area of Agwara Local Government Area, describing the incident as “deeply saddening and avoidable.”

 

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Abubakar Usman, the government confirmed that the exact number of abducted pupils has not yet been established, as security agencies are still carrying out assessments and gathering accurate information.

 

The statement revealed that the government had earlier received credible intelligence indicating elevated security threats across parts of the Niger North Senatorial District.

“In response to these credible security alerts, the State Government had earlier issued a clear directive suspending all construction activities and ordering the temporary closure of all boarding schools within the affected zone as a precautionary measure.

“Regrettably, St. Mary’s School proceeded to reopen and resume academic activities without notifying or seeking clearance from the State Government, thereby exposing pupils and the staff to avoidable risk. Security agencies have since commenced a full-scale investigation and search-and-rescue operations to ensure the safe return of the pupils,” the statement partly read.

 

The Catholic Diocese of Kontagora, while condemning the abduction, described the incident as shocking and deeply troubling.

It also expresses concern for the safety and well-being of the abducted victims.

“The Catholic Diocese of Kontagora strongly condemns this attack and expresses deep concern for the safety of the kidnapped children and their families,” a statement signed by the Diocesan Secretary, Rev. Fr. Jatau Joseph, partly read.

 

The Niger attack is the latest in a series of abductions involving schoolchildren.

It came less than a week after bandits kidnapped 26 girls from the Government Girls Comprehensive Senior Secondary School (GGCSS) in Maga, Kebbi State.

Related Posts

Gemini App
News

Gemini App Can Now Create Music With Lyria 3

February 19, 2026
Ramadan
News

Ramadan: Adron Homes Felicitates Muslims, Preaches Hope And Unity

February 19, 2026
Rivers Assembly
News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Proceedings Against Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Naira
News

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Hit ₦1,100 To $1 This Year

February 18, 2026
Ramadan
News

Ramadan: Kano Censorship Board Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Entertainment Venues

February 18, 2026
Lent And Ramadan
News

Lent, Ramadan Begin Today Around The World

February 18, 2026
Next Post

Catholic Diocese of Kontagora Condemns Abduction of Schoolchildren in Niger State

Mercy Johnson-Okojie

Mercy Johnson-Okojie Appointed Special Adviser To Gov Okpebholo

February 20, 2026
Gemini App

Gemini App Can Now Create Music With Lyria 3

February 19, 2026
Zoho

Zoho Marks 30 Years Supporting One Million Organisations, 150 Million Users Globally

February 19, 2026
Ramadan

Ramadan: Adron Homes Felicitates Muslims, Preaches Hope And Unity

February 19, 2026
Beautiful Nubia

Beautiful Nubia Accuses Ayefele, BBO Of Copyright

February 19, 2026
Rivers Assembly

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Proceedings Against Fubara, Deputy

February 19, 2026
Eric Chelle

Super Eagles Coach Eric Chelle’s 19-Point Contract Extension Proposal To NFF

February 19, 2026
Unity And Providus Banks

Unity, Providus Banks Merger Done Deal As Integration Progresses

February 18, 2026
SMEs

How FairMoney Is Powering The Next Generation Of Nigerian SMEs

February 18, 2026
Naira

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Hit ₦1,100 To $1 This Year

February 18, 2026

Magazine Cover

GPBN Associates Member

Fidelity Bank

GLAMTUSH

 

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

GLAMTUSH

Glamtush publishes the latest trends in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, as well as those making the fashion world interesting and adorable.

 

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

REACH OUT

Do you have any news for us? Event Coverage, Press Releases or Adverts? Then reach out to us via glamtush@gmail.com or glamtush15@gmail.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

Lagos, Nigeria

Copyright © 2022 Glamtush

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Glam Tush – Naija News & Entertainment News
  • Glamtush – Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija News
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Terms And Conditions
  • Write for Us

© 2022 Glamtush

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Business & Brands
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Telenovelas
  • Events

© 2022 Glamtush