Bras do a wonderful job of keeping your breast in place, hence, they should make you feel very comfortable. But when the straps keep falling down your arms and the underwire starts to dig in, that’s when wearing a bra becomes a real pain.
A well fitted, good quality bra, should be so comfortable that you barely notice that you are wearing one.
Here are ways you can make sure your bra feel comfortable all day long.
- You should note that most bras come with a series of hooks at the back, but the important ones are the last ones. So, avoid using the innermost or middle hooks as it will cause the elastic band to stretch out faster.
- When trying on a bra, you should only hook on the last ones and check whether it feels snug.
- According to experts, the size of women’s breasts changes throughout the year. So it is not surprising to find out that one breast is bigger than the other.
- The central gore should sit flat on your chest in-between your breasts and not on the breast tissue.
- The band should be straight across your back and not go up.
- Your breasts should look uplifted and well supported.
- You should buy an underwire bra that’s right for your breast size. If you have a bra size on the smaller side, you may want to go for bras without underwire. Underwire can be super annoying and uncomfortable, and if you don’t have to wear it, don’t! If you need it, go for soft underwire.
- Always try to switch them up. This is why it’s great to have a few different basic options. You should also buy new bras every few months because they really don’t last very long.
- Also when shopping for bras, you should focus on the fit of the undergarment instead of fixating over the numbers, since a woman’s breast size is constantly changing.
- Finally, don’t wear the same bra every day. In fact, don’t wear the same bra two days in a row. Bras get worn out very easily because they’re delicate. When you wear them two days in a row or every day, you’re stretching them out and they will wear out faster than you think.